"Duck and Cover" is a song composed and sung by Dick Baker and Dave Lambert, featured as the opening song in the titular 1951 nuclear war prepareness short film Duck and Cover. It was released as a commercial recording via the defunct Decca Records subsidiary Coral Records, accompanied by a full-color pamphlet, and sold 3,000,000 copies.
In Duck and Cover (episode), Ben does a parody of the song called "Suck and Profit", the original version is also played during the credits.
- Dum dum, deedle-dum dum
- Deedle-dum dum, deedle-dum dum
- There was a turtle by the name of Bert
- And Bert the turtle was very alert
- When danger threatened him, he never got hurt
- He knew just what to do...
- (bang) He'd duck! (gasp) And cover!
- Duck! (gasp) And cover!
- He did what we all must learn to do
- You, and you, and you, and you
- (bang) Duck! (gasp) And cover!